My friend Noah Kaye, a missionary to South Africa, posted a video blog today about some of the very things I’ve been thinking on (you can see his vlog by clicking here). The following points are some things regarding Church that I have been considering.
- Church does not equal A Building (Acts 7:48-50, Acts 17:24)
- Church does not equal A Board of Deacons (Eph 1:22, Col 1:18)
- Church does not equal A Baptismal Tank (Matt 3:13, Acts 8:34-38)
- Church does not equal A Band (Eph 5:19)
- Church does not equal A Bank Account (Acts 4:32-35, Luke 12:28-34)
These are some things that are plain to me. Yes, all these may be a part of what a Church does, but are they necessary, or important, or even what the Church is?
Are there things that are missing from the list? (They don’t have to follow the fun format that I chose.)
Am I missing the point? (You don’t have to agree with me just because this is my blog.)
Asking big questions about a big vision (clearly bigger than me)…
*[P.S. This will be an ongoing journey, so please feel free to join the conversation.]